WOGA Cup Club Team Tournament
September 30-October 1, 2019
Oakwood Country Club, Enid
Monday, August 5, 9:00 a.m. - Friday, September 20, 5:00 p.m. (late entries not accepted)
One player will enter team.
Substitutions will be accepted until entry deadline.
$700 per team includes 2 tournament rounds of golf, cart fees, range balls and lunch both days.
Paid by player $55, includes tax, green fee, cart fee, and range balls. Closed on Monday. Call 580-242-5408 for tee times.
Team Composition and Eligibility:
Anyone 19 years of age and up by the first day of the tournament. Club Teams will consist of 4 women. A woman is eligible to play on 1) the Club Team of her Home Club or 2) the Club Team of a club of which she is a dues-paying member of that club's Women's Golf Association. Home Club is the club designated on the individual membership form.
Participants must be a WOGA member (check membership eligibility) and have a current USGA handicap index listed with the member's club/course. The participant's home club/course must be a WOGA Member Club. Individual member dues and member club dues must be paid by the last day of the entry period.
Teams must choose and notify the WOGA office at /tournament-info of the team name and who will play together from their team in the Fourball and Foursomes matches by the entry deadline.
20 teams, maximum of two teams per club unless field is not full.
Four 9-hole Four-Ball (better ball) matches and four 9-hole Foursomes (alternate shot) matches. Each team pairing will play in two four-ball matches and two foursomes matches. All team members play in every competition, except tiebreaker. The teams who play the front nine in the first round of the day will play the back nine in the second round of the day and visa versa. Each hole in a match is worth one point (win=1 point, tie =1/2 point). Four-Ball total points=36; Foursomes total points = 36; Total points available = 72. Handicap allowances will be according to USGA recommendation. If two or more teams are tied in total points for first place, champion will be decided by a sudden victory 2-woman alternate shot horse race.
All players will play from forward tees, not less than 5000 yards.
Traveling trophy to the champions. Prizes 1st thru 7th place maximum.
Caddies are not allowed for this event.
Verification of Handicap:
All handicaps will be verified prior to the tournament after the last e-revision prior to pairings. When a player is a member of more than one golf club and has a different handicap index at each golf club, the lowest handicap index will be used according to USGA recommendations.
Players must follow dress code of Host Club. No blue jeans, denim, tank tops or metal spikes are allowed for WOGA events.
Schedule of Events: Updated
- Monday, Sept. 30 - 7:30 a.m. - Driving Range opens
- Monday, Sept. 30 - 8:00-9:00 a.m. - Hole in One Registration (Monday only)
- Monday, Sept. 30 - 9:00 a.m. - Round 1 Four-Ball 9-hole matches shotgun start on front and back nine
- Monday, Sept. 30 - 11:15 a.m. - Buffet lunch
- Monday, Sept. 30 - 12:30 p.m. - Scorecard distribution for Round 2 Matches
- Monday, Sept. 30 - 12:45 p.m. - Round 2 Four-Ball 9-hole matches shotgun start on front and back nine
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 - 7:30 a.m. - Driving Range opens
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 - 9:00 a.m. - Round 3 Foursomes 9-hole matches shotgun start on front and back nine
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 - 11:00-11:15 a.m. - Break, turn in Round 3 scorecard, receive Round 4 scorecard
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 - 11:15 a.m. - Round 4 Foursomes 9-hole matches shotgun start on front and back nine
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 - 1:15 p.m. - Awards Luncheon
Teams who cancel by 5:00, September 19, will be refunded the entry fee less a $25 administrative fee per team. No refunds will be given after that date unless approved by the tournament committee before the competition begins due to illness or injury.
For tournament information please contact:
Connie Glenn, WOGA Admin. Assistant, 918-760-4255 or /tournament-info